Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A good January

While my posts were few and far between, I did get some good miles in this month. January is a month I have NEVER gone far. Low miles and excuses. Well this January I am happy to say I did 145 miles. Not to bad to start the year. Not as many as most but for me and being January, I am very happy. I am hoping to get over 200 for February and stay above that for awhile. Getting the Achilles injury under control, I didn't want to push to hard to fast but I feel very comfortable with this. I got in some speedwork, weight training and cross training which didn't compute to the miles but definitely helped with overall fitness.
Hopefully February will stay injury free. I am really looking forward to the race in Moab. It looks like I will do the 33k. I toyed with the idea of the 50k but decided to make sure I am up to it (Achilles). I don't want to take any chances.
Side note, the Hard Rock lottery is this weekend and like a fool I put in. It's on my birthday so what the hell. The hope was to NOT get in but rather build up some tickets for the future. Problem is I am batting .500 with lotteries (Wasatch 100 2008-in Western States 2010- nope)so this could help or hurt the average.
While you are here, check out the contest HERE.

No comments: