Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just some random babble

Well, not that people rally read this but the few of you that do, i am still alive. I have been fighting this Achilles issue and haven't been doing much. The holiday season is here and I love Christmas time so we have been very busy. We are traveling to Colorado Springs for Christmas and to Texas for the week after. It will be weird traveling with no races involved.
I have been getting on the treadmill for some very low miles and low intensity. It's tough.
I will soon post my overall thoughts of 2008 and plans for 2009.
One thing that i have found to help my Achilles is......are you ready for this....Wii Fit.
We got this and the balance and yoga stuff is awesome. I had a friend tell me I may be the first person to run a 100 miler being fit only by the Wii.
And lastly, I have been very busy putting together the athletes and sponsors for Team Pearl Izumi-Smith. This really is turning into a full time gig. It's still fun though.
I work for an amazing company, I work with amazing athletes and people, I have great friends through the team sponsors and lastly I have my family. What could be better? Oh ya, my damn Achilles. Well its snowing so I better go get my skis out....

4 comments:

Justin Ricks said...

Yoga is the only way I have been able to stay mostly injury free. My wife is a certified yoga instructor and she forced me to give it a try but once started I never stopped. Be careful, they say if you "play with you Wii" too much you will go blind.

Manners said...

Well I haven't seen a loss of sight but I can't figure out why my palms are getting hairy....
I really think I will like yoga. I tried it once but felt pretty outta my element.
Great run down in texas Justin.

Brad Mitchell said...

Aric - I took three "intro to yoga" classes before I was really hooked. Now I go to a class once a week plus practice a little on my own. It's a great tool!

Manners said...

Thanks for all the advice and insight. I guess I am old enough to get out of my comfort zone a little bit....