Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An Epic adventure is underway!!!

As I type this, I am very excited to be getting ready to go to Leadville on Friday to help a friend. Scott Jaime has started his Colorado Trail adventure. Bright and early this morning he hit the trail and in 11 days he will reach Durango. I will arrive in Leadville at May Queen on Friday night to welcome Scott. We then leave at 6 am to cover 34.5 miles. Sunday we wake and head out for a 41.3 mile day. From here I will play it by ear (or legs). I would love to hit the trail Sunday with him for another 35.1 miles but not sure these legs can go. At any rate, Scott will finish this on his 40th birthday. I am just excited to be apart of something this big.
Good Luck Fast Eddy!!! You can follow him HERE via his blog and SPOT.
As for me- the summer has proved to be a tough one. After Squaw I was pretty broken down and discouraged. Dealt with injury but have hopefully regained a little momentum to end the year strong. I have bigger plans for 2010 and hopefully can achieve some goals.
What's next for me? Well, I am fortunate enough to get to share the trail with Christian Johnson at Wasatch. I will be pacing him from Upper Big Water to Brighton. It will be nice to see this course in a new light. When I ran it last year it was my low point of the race.
I was really hoping to do the Bear this year but may have to wait until 2010.

2 comments:

team shadow said...

Hey Manners!
Glad to hear you are joing Eddy. I am currently supporting him by wearing my last "Fast Eddy" t-shirt from the Sun Valley tournaments. It is faded and grey, kinda like me. Give each other a big ole hug for me and have fun!

Manners said...

Sounds good! Should be fun. I will have some trail details when I get back- maybe not all of them...
Great to hear from you.
Hope you all are doing well.
Cheers!