Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Earned the Bird!



Okay, I am back. Been quite some time. I have been running though. I finally graduated from PT with the Achilles and it seems like it is holding up. Got a real structured training plan (accountability). Just got over a nasty cold so now its time to get moving.


Big plans for 2010 and that is just around the corner. BUT first let's start with a Turkey Day run.
Met my good training buddy Joel this morning at 5 am. Our plans were to hit Ben Lomond Peak one more time for 2009. It was about 20 degrees but windy. BRRRRRRR..... cold. We turned on the headlamps and took off. Right before sunrise I looked over for a brief second and saw a couple silhouettes....MOOSE- there were 3 (2 bulls and a cow)...SWEET! We left Bullwinkle and preceded to the Peak. It was a pretty tough jaunt with slow on the trail- not just any snow but super fine powdery stuff that you just couldn't get a feel for. We hit the base of the peak and it got nasty. We trudged up the snow face and b-lined for the ridge in order to get some solid traction. Then is was rock hopping to the top. We signed the book and headed back down.
We couldn't have asked for a better day. 16 miles and 4000'. Said good bye to the Peak for now.
Went back home and prepared a fine feast for the family.

So- what am I thankful for? Where to begin. FAMILY- without my family NOTHING is possible. I love you all so very much- you 3 girls make me very proud! Thanks for all your patience with me, I am trying.....
Friends- all of you. My life long ones to my new ones. My running buddies- without you I would be even heavier than I am now.
All in all, I have much to be thankful for. I really hope I keep these thoughts with me always.
Friday will be a day of rest then out for a Saturday and Sunday jaunt.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'm back and look forward to you online friendships.
Cheers!

No comments: