Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting old.

It is getting old. I put in a solid run last night but the Achilles was in bad shape. I don't know what to do or what is going on. I am doing everything "by the book" and it seems like it is getting worse. I don't know if I am causing more damage or I just need to learn to deal with pain. I have heard so much about Achilles injuries and lengths of rehab but after 3 months of nothing and it still isn't better concerns me.
I got up his morning and braved the snow fall at 5:30 am, hit the pool and put in some laps. Swimming doesn't bother the Achilles at all which is no surprise but I want to run in the mountains. I set an appointment for a podiatrist tomorrow (wed) so I hope to get some answers. All I need know is what's going on. Ease my mind. I am missing Moab this weekend but I really want to be ready for Buffalo. I love the race and love the 25k. I am really hoping to get answers tomorrow. This is just getting old and frustrating.

1 comment:

Brad Mitchell said...

Hey Aric - I feel your pain! Honestly, I know exactly what you are going through except I'm dealing with a knee issue that no one can seem to figure out. I have also scratched all early season races. It sucks. I'm now focusing on Wasatch and any races I can do leading up will be training races. Thats the plan for now anyway.
I have come to realize that it is best to take the time to get better in order to run longer into life. For you, and I'm doing the same, focus on what you are able to do and make the most of it. Be open to explore different avenues as well. Anything to keep a fitness edge. It will heal!