Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Update

Well, its time to start posting a little bit more. I wanted to wait until things started to become more consistent. Right now I am swimming on Tues and Thurs. mornings and running 4 days a week. I am taking one day off a week. The miles are huge but the Achilles won't let me get into any sort of rhythm. Unfortunately I will be skipping the Moab race this year so my first race will be Buffalo run in March. After that, i am hoping to run the Spring Desert Ultra in April but time will tell. So far it seems my comfort of running hits a wall at about 7 miles at a 8:35 pace. For me that isn't bad and I don't want to go to far and risk re injuring the Achilles. Currently I am just playing it by pain. The swelling is there everyday as well as the lap around the kitchen every morning to loosen it up.
Good news, the PI-Smith team is really looking good. Lots of quality races for these amazing athletes. The new kits look fantastic and of course the PI stuff is first class.
My wife is tinkering withe the idea of running the 5 mile race at Spring Desert and i am very proud of the miles she is putting in. Before you know it she will be faster than her old hubby.
Expect more up to date posts and hopefully more miles.

No comments: