Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

2011 is shaping up nicely.

Looking beat at Lamb's Canyon (only halfway)

Well, the lottery Gods were on my side...or were they? Saturday morning after a solid 18 mile run with Les, I got a text saying- "you're in". WOW, 2 for 2 in the Wasatch lottery. I got selected in 2008 and that was my first 100 miler and a true eye opener. This year I will be returning with some lofty goals for me.
In 2008, despite have the best pacer you could ask for I stumbled across the finish line in a time of 34:51. Not exactly pretty and not what I was hoping for but I did finish. I was under prepared and maybe bit off a bit more than I could chew. You can read about that race HERE.

Here I am crossing the line in 2008.

So for 2011 the goal is to go sub 30. That means cutting off 5 hours!! Can I do it? Why not?
So with 2011 shaping up it is time for me to shape up. Big goals means big commitment. 2008 was a great learning experience and now it is time to apply what I learned to 2011.
Also a congrats to everyone else who will be lining up this year for the Wasatch 100!

No comments: