Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Final Squaw tune-up

Today was my final tune-up before Squaw Peak. I had my wife drop me off at the top of the North Ogden Pass (don't want to park my car and get it stolen again).
The trail was extremely muddy from the days of hard rain. I took my time not wanting to chance an injury. Even though it was very muddy, the overall terrain was beautiful.
About half way down the trail a group of 4-5 Hispanic guys starting throwing rocks at me from the road above and yelling and whistling at me. I looked twice to see how close they were coming and just kept going. I figured this was just par for the week. By the way, they never did hit me.
I got to the bottom of the trail and hit the road for 1.6 miles back to my house.
On the way back I stopped at a park and did 6 x100 pseudo sprints. Not sure if they were exactly 100 but close enough. I got home and had my a nice bowl of bow tie pasta.
Overall, I didn't feel great on the run but it was nice to clear my head after the last few days of getting my life back. Oh yeah, they found my car. Yippee!

No comments: