Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Still questioning...

I was back at it again last night for 3 more miles. I am still questioning the injury though. Will it ever go away? Will the lump stay down? Will I wake up one morning and have no pain or stiffness? Should I even be running?
All those thoughts were going through my mind last night during my short stint on the treadmill. I seem to be able to run pain free on a flat surface and casual speed but the Achilles still bugs me. Tomorrow I have my last PT appt so I hope to get a few more questions answered. I feel like I am being very patient and listening to my body but I am still anxious and frustrated.
Since I cannot put in miles I want, I make sure I do other things like- ab work, stretching and some weights. I know its only November and it is good to heal but I do have plans for next year and do not want to start over.
Anyone had an Achilles injury? Any thoughts?
Meanwhile, I will keep chugging along

No comments: