Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Fingers Crossed

I may not be able to walk and chew gum at the same time but I found out I can run and cross my fingers at the same time. Got in some quality running this weekend! The Achilles felt alright and no more swelling. I could feel it after my second run at 7 miles but no sharp pains. Just a dull little ache letting me know it is still there. I still don't have great hope for Buffalo in 2 weeks but got a little more confidence which I have been lacking. Really looking forward to Squaw Peak this year. I have only been doing this for a few years and haven't run all the great races but SP50 so far is my favorite. I will keep up the swimming twice a week and running four days a week with one day off for a bit longer.
Today is a very special day. My Little girl turned 4. Is that possible? For her birthday she asked me for running shoes, running shorts and a running shirt. So proud....

2 comments:

Brad Mitchell said...

Glad to hear you're coming around. Don't rush into things, Buffalo will be there next year (I keep telling myself that since I had to scratch it from my list for 09).
Good luck - get healthier!

Manners said...

Thanks Brad. I hope you are healing as well. I saw your name on the Pocatello list. I will be there running the 3 man relay. Hope to see you there!