Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Long week!?*#$@

Well, I missed a post on Tuesday and the week got out of control. I have been a little to busy with side projects and need to refocus a bit. The first 2 years I have run Buffalo, I have been congested and sick well year 3 may not be much different. I am not sure what to think about this. I am loading up on Vitamin B, Emergen-C, vitamins, you name it. Maybe I stress my body out too much and it reacts this way. Maybe its mental.
Anyway, Tuesday I did my last run for the week and is was okay at best. 6 miles and really struggled to get there.
With tomorrows race looming, mentally I feel tired and confused. Lets put it in perspective, its only 17 miles. I need to quit reading blogs and following other runners. I am not mentally prepared to step back and analyze it correctly.
When I first started the gig 3 years ago, the challenge was not let finishing near the very back get to me. That was tough. I have been competitive all my life and now iIwas competing more against the unknown then a true opponent. I think I dialed that in and moved on a bit.
So now, I come to a race in which I think I am not prepared to do what I was hoping to do (I know, I know, you almost never think you prepared enough). I also know there is nothing I can do about it now but its frustrating. So I guess from here until Saturday afternoon I need to not dwell on it and just go put one foot in front of the other........

No comments: