Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Getting back to work.

Today I decided to try something. I wanted to get right back to training and I felt really good considering Saturdays run/hike. I want to tweak my training so today I jumped back on the dreaded treadmill and tried designing a simulation. Granted, nothing simulates the real thing but what i am looking to do it wake early, hit the treadmill with some incline and run at night.
So tonight I tried it. I set the incline at a few different levels and adjusted the pace as well. The idea is to work on hiking. It felt great. I hiked a the highest incline (10) and was all over the board with the pace.
I think I am going to like this. The goal: get up early, hike 40-60 minutes and do some training on the trails at night. We will see how this goes but I do like the change and I want to make sure I capture and maintain what I went through at SpeedGoat.
I did a solid 60 minutes today and felt great.

No comments: