Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Grandeur Peak

OUCH! What a day.
I picked Eddy up at 6 am and we traveled down to SLC to join a organized run put on by Erik Storheim. When we pulled up, there were close to 20 people. We (Eddy and I) have never run this course before so we really didn't know what to expect. The first 3 miles we did about 3500 feet of vertical. I was so excited because vertical is my specialty....YA RIGHT! The mountain hammered me. Once we hit the top, there were amazing views all around. We started down *(after we got off course a bit) and it was an amazing single track. It was so nice to be able to run with Edward. He wasn't pushing it but we did a decent pace by my book.
The course itself was unbelievable. I put in about 16 miles and 8000 vertical feet. For me that was torture. This is something I need more than anything and I really tried to push myself but my body was spent. Overall, the day was a success. There was mileage, heat, vertical climbs, bush whacking, road, single track, bike trails, rocks and of course other people. It was the full meal deal. I was hoping to do 20 but no dice. The Fast One got 20 in though.
As great as the course was, it was tough. I survived and Sunday will be another day on the trail.
I completely recommend this course to ANYONE.

No comments: