Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Taint running great?

It's Thursday which means I get to meet Scott and Phil Mendoza for a run. Started the run from Rainbow Gardens parking lot and went up to the waterfall. I really struggle starting runs uphill. Its as if my lungs are not stretched out yet or something. its just nice to break it up and run with people. Came back down from the waterfall and went south from Rainbow up Indian trail. Great grind up. I have no strengths in running but a definite weakness would be climbing. I can feel I am getting better but it is tough as hell. We went quite a ways on Indian and came across a great little snow patch on the trail. Scott went first and sunk, all I heard was "ouch, I just hurt my taint." Man, I haven't heard that word in awhile. I had to giggle but as Scott got out of the hole he sunk into and proceeded, I heard, "I really hurt my taint, I sunk to my taint." Well needless to say, I took my time and watched every step.
We descended back down Indian and got on BST heading south. I finally had to turn around and get back to the kids. On the way back, Scott was dialed in. He flew back to the car. Following him down the trail I thought to myself....maybe the taint is actually a turbo button.
All in all it was a good run. Legs felt pretty heavy from the day before and we only covered 6-7 miles but did some good elevation and had a decent pace to boot. I will take tomorrow off and prepare for my 5 hour run on Saturday. The goal is to be on my feet for 5 hours regardless of mileage. I would like to at least cover 25-30 miles though.
Taint running great?

No comments: