Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

12 Miles in 2:05

Today was a huge confidence builder. It wasn't blistering speed but a 10 minute mile pace for 12 miles felt pretty solid. After about mile 2 then knee started to give a little and it started to get that stinging pain. I backed off a little and even thought about calling it a day. In the back of my mind I remembered "run through it". Okay, that may not be the best advice all the time for everything but I thought it was worth a shot. About 5 minutes later...it was gone. So I decided to be like Forest and RUN! It was smooth throughout. One thing I have noticed is that if I don't stretch first, I don't really get shin splints. When I get a good stretch, I seem to get aching shins.
I am not sure if it is the biggest factor but at this point it is definitely mental.
The real story will be told tomorrow, will the knee hurt? That's a concern right now but so far I am elated about my run. I am so excited for Moab. I won't be in the top half but I have some confidence. I am not sure if 4 hours is possible but it will sure be nice to get outside!
Keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow.......

No comments: