Pages

Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day Run

You figure you can only run on this day every 4 year so why the hell not, besides I was due for a back to back with a little mileage. Went 8 and felt pretty good. Legs felt a little heavy after mile 5 but chugged along anyway. Its crazy, I think I am doing so good training and getting super psyched for the race year, then I look at a few other guys and think "hmmm- am I training for a 10 k or a 100 miler?". I know I need to be patient with my training as well as my diet but some days I truly feel like I am never going to get there. My next race is Buffalo and I am really hoping to turn in a good time.
Tonight's run was a good pace for the first 5 miles but as I said earlier (remember about my legs getting heavy)forced me to level out the elevation and drop just enough so I wouldn't kill myself.
I will take tomorrow off but Sunday I need to put in at least 10 miles.
So I just want to echo the words of a true American hero-
"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."- John Wayne

No comments: