Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2008

I'll take it.

I wanted to knock out 2 good runs back to back this weekend. The morning was busy. Started with Sami's first soccer of the season at it was cold! We then took a trip to the local art exhibit. After a little break from running around it was time to go knock out some miles.
I started the run with very little energy but I also know that the first 2 miles for me is the hardest. I did get going and I went north of the Nature Center trail head instead of south. I got in 4 quality miles in that direction and then turned back south. I never really felt good the entire run. The weather was windy and cold. It wasn't just a physical battle for me but a mental one. I really didn't want to keep going. The goal was putting in 20 miles and then another 15 or 20 tomorrow but it wasn't going to happen. I waited a little too long to start running and i was running out of daylight. That coupled with no energy, I stopped short of 20 and only did 15.
I was glad I did at least that considering how I started.
Overall the run was decent. Logged some miles and now need to follow up with at least 15 tomorrow. Decent week but a long way to go.
P.S. I would like to congratulate my friend Scott Jaime on his amazing race today in California. He finished 9th with a time of 6:24. That's a 50 mile time by the way. That is unbelievable. Check out his race report to see how the elite go.
Way to go Fast One, you are amazing!

No comments: