Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Shoulda had pancakes.

I decided to get away from the "creature of habit" routine for today. On Sunday's for breakfast we generally have pancakes. We love pancakes. I woke up a little earlier so I could get my long run in and decided I would have Honey Nut Cheerios. Now I like a good bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios but I think I would have run better if I would have had pancakes.
I wanted to get in 20 so.....I DID. The trails are just perfect this time of year and I am taking full advantage of them. Some days I feel bad for people knowing they do not get out and enjoy them. I got onto BST and headed south. I knew I could loop this twice and maybe add some scouting and have no trouble hitting my mileage. For the second day in a row I ran from Rainbow to the waterfall and felt pretty good. Its such a great grind and is proving to strengthen me mentally as well. I only saw a few people on the trail and that was about mile 16. I timed it perfectly. It started to get pretty hot. I know I need to get some runs in with the heat but I will do it in baby steps. I do not like nor do I enjoy heat.
Overall I am very happy with the week. 55 miles for me is pretty good. I will throw in another solid week this week and on Sunday, I head back up to Sun Valley where I hope to get a run in on Monday. I think the change of scenery and trail will be just right.
Plan for the new week.
Monday- OFF
Tuesday- 12
Wednesday- 10
Thursday -12
Friday - OFF
Saturday- 15
Sunday- 15
Total- 64

No comments: