Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Much better!

Ahhh, today was much better. This is how the runs should go every time. Started later in the afternoon and drove to Rainbow Gardens and accessed the Bonneville Shoreline Trail just north of Ogden Canyon road. this may be my new starting point. I felt really good pretty much all day. I tried to make sure I stayed purely on single track. I succeeded and this was by far the best run of the week. My legs started a little heavy but loosened nicely. The knees started to get a little stiff here and there but I will just have to deal with that and run through it.
I think the best thing about the run was the fact that I focused and ran all of the climbs. It may not have been fast but the feet were moving forward and it was faster than my walking. The weather was windy again but I guess you need to deal with it.
The one thing I find interesting on my runs is how hard the first 2-3 are. After that, it seems like my lungs adjust and they don't struggle as bad. My legs are getting stronger and overall I am feeling pretty good. It is so hard to go on these runs and not think about Wasatch. I am not sure if that's good or bad. I may be a little to focused on it though.
My next race is Squaw Peak in June so that needs to be my focus. I definitely need to start logging more miles and getting some climbing in too. I think if I focus on those, then my speed will work itself out. Anyway, I covered 15 more miles and felt really good. For me getting to good back to back 15 miles days is alright and I will take it. The schedule for this week is:
Monday- Off
Tuesday- 10 miles
Wednesday- 8 miles
Thursday -10 miles
Friday - Off
Saturday- 20 miles
Sunday - 15 miles
Week total- 63 miles
Wow, that's alot for a middle of the packer like me but hey, its a step forward.

No comments: